About Melissa Newton
Melissa Newton is President and Editor-in-Chief of Millcreek Media Group, Inc., a publisher of online educational content to empower individuals to achieve their personal and professional money lifestyle goals. She is a financial literacy advocate and recognized as a leading personal finance researcher, author, speaker, and Managing Editor of MoneyBasicsU.com, a personal finance online magazine. Her professional career was in the banking industry before pursuing her work with MMG, Inc.
Melissa is a prolific writer authoring white papers, articles, and books on money matters. Some of her other publications include the following:
● MMG Guide to Banking Basics for College Students (ebook, MMG money guidebooks line)
● Money Saving Tips for College Students (FREE ebook)
● MMG Guide to Banking Basics for International Students (ebook, MMG money guidebooks line)
● 5 Banking Tips for International College Students (LinkedIn post)
● Career Mistake That May Leave You Unemployed: No Plan B (LinkedIn post)
● 7 Simple Steps to a New Money You! January 2014 (shortBook)
● 5 Reminders for Money Smart Living January 2014 (ebook)
● Financial Literacy Programs Report: 2013 (Report)
● The Fiscal Cliff: Are Your Money Safety Nets Ready? (ebook)
● Princess or Pauper: Are Women Securing Their Financial Future? (Paper)
● Money Smart Kids for the 21st Century (Paper)
● Look Smart, Be Smart: How to Create a New Image for a New Job (ebook)
Melissa believes in the strength of partnerships in bringing the message of financial empowerment to young people and adults alike. She has partnered with the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago for its annual Money Smart Week initiative. She is a member of the Illinois JumpStart Coalition, a state partner with the JumpStart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy in Washington D.C. She has utilized various financial literacy curriculums including the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation’s Money Smart for Young Adults.
Melissa had been an active member of Toastmasters International over the years achieving her certification in the Communication and Leadership Program and won numerous speech contests including first place in the International Speech Contest. Melissa served as president and a speech mentor at the community level.
For relaxation, Melissa enjoys photography, painting, piano, and activities offered at The Art Institute of Chicago, The Morton Arboretum, and The Naper Settlement.
If you would like to know more about Melissa’s genesis as a personal finance researcher and writer, check out her interview at Millcreek Media Group’s ebook distributor Smashwords here!
If you would like to contact Melissa Newton for an interview or interested in her
speaking at your group meeting or school, feel free to send a message to us via our Contact Us!
|Color photo download|
|Black & White photo download|